Catalyst Free based synthesis of Tetrakis Oxirane (Ylmehtyl) BisPhenyl Carbonodihydrazide with Multi- reactive group of Epoxides has been developed based on a sharpless Sym. Diphenylcarbazide in combination of hot Ethanol and Epichlorohydrin. A three-component cycloaddition of a 1, 5 diphenyl carbazide, hot ethanol and epichlorohydrin to form a highly functionalized Tetrakis hydroxy chloro diphenyl carbazide (THCDPC) serves as the foundation for the synthesis of Tetrakis Oxiranes (ylmethyl) bisphenyl carbonodihydrazide (TOY-BPCH). The resulting product is followed by the neutralization with NaOH. Employing this approach, the hydrophobic neutral based multi-reactive group of oxiranes bisphenyl carbonodihydrazide was synthesized in two steps and shown it 80% yield. The structure of the newly synthesized compound was characterized on the basis of FTIR, ¹H-NMR and LC-MS spectral data.
Keyword: 1, 5-diphenylcarbazide, Epichlorohydrin, Hot Ethanol, Sod Hydroxide
- Guangzeng L, S. Chen, Hong Fang M & Xiuyu L; J. Serb. Chem. 2007, 72, 475-484.
- H Sanad; A, A Ismail; A, A Elmeligi; Electrochem. 1995, 11, 462.
- A, A Ismaiel; S. H Sanad; A, A Elmeligi; Electrochem. 1994, 10,
- Ritu Jain; Veena Ch & A. K. Narula; Applied Polymer Science; 2007, 4, 2593-2598.
- Pooja, S; Parveen. K; Veena Ch; AK Narula; IJEM Chem. 2005, 12, 259-264.
- Lee, H; NEVILLE, K; Handbook of Epoxy resin.(MC Graw Hill, New York);
- N. Reinhold, Handbook of Composites. Edited by Lubin G (NY); 1982.
- Iko K; Nakamura. Y; Yamaguchiand M; Imamura N; IEEE Elee Insul Mgg; 1990, 6,
- Hagiwara S; Ichimura S; Plastics. 1990, 39,
- Jain P; Ch. V; Varma IK; J Macromol Sci. Polym. 2002, C42, 139.
- J Heath; Y. Di; S. Clara; A. Hudson; H. Manoch; Epoxide Tannage. 2005, 89 (5), 186-193.
- W. G; Epoxide Resins, the Plastics Institute, London, 1970.
- B; Chemistry & Technology of Epoxy resins, Chapman & Hall Glasgow, 1993.
- Oldring, P; Waterborne & Solvent based epoxies, Sita Technology Ltd, London,
- Xing Hong Zhang; Yu Qin Min; Hui Zhao; Hong Mei Wan & Guo Rong Qi; Applied Polymer Science; 2006, 100, 3483- 3489.
- Washington.edu/medch402/Ch 2 Case Answer Online Version.
- Sharma; V. Ch; A. K. Narula; Thermal Analysis & Calorimetry; 2008, 94, 805-815.
- Siva Sankar Nayak; Ashoke Kumar Ghosh; Satya Prakash Vishnoi & Tarun Jha; Ethnopharmacology, Bikash Debnath; 2004, 93, 397-402